Terms & Conditions
This is a NON SMOKING property.
PETS are permitted only with prior approval. £25 per pet fee applies. All pets must be leashed at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up-to-date on all vaccinations. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The property owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that humans or pets may incur while on the premises.
A security deposit of £250/£500 is required depending on which property is booked. This must be received 4 weeks prior to arrival at the holiday property. This deposit will be refunded in full on departure within 7 days providing the property has not been damaged in any way, including but not limited to:-
- No damage is done to property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to illegal activity, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in rubbish bin, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. The property should be left clean and tidy or additional cleaning fee’s will be incurred.
- All keys are left on site and unit is left locked.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- NO early arrival or late departure unless previously agreed.
In the unlikely event that you discover any damaged items on arrival, you agree to inform us immediately (so that you will not be held liable and for us to arrange a repair or replacement as soon as possible).
CANCELLATIONS – A minimum 12 week notice period is required for any cancellation. The following amounts are agreed in the event of a cancellation.
More than 12 weeks’ notice – You will lose your 30% deposit, this is non-refundable if you cancel and will be retained.
Less than 12 weeks’ notice – You will be responsible for the full balance, no refund for any monies will be made.
You must not exceed the maximum occupancy levels of the property, if you do exceed this you will be liable to incur additional charges or potentially face legal action as we are limited to set numbers of occupants for insurance reasons.
USE OF SWIMMING POOL, HOT TUB OR SAUNA
These facilities are provided free of charge but as such they are at your own risk and we can accept no responsibility for any accidents or injuries. These facilities are used entirely at your own risk and by signing the rental agreement you agree to these terms. No life guards or safety systems are in place on site other than the standard written warning.
We have private drainage systems on site, any abuse of these systems by placing items that should not be disposed of in the toilets such as sanitary wear or babies’ nappies or anything other than thin toilet paper that will clog the drains and you will be charged the call out rates and repair bills.
- The Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repairs, etc. except in cases of emergency where quick access is vital, in which case the Owner is entitled to enter the cottage at any time without giving you prior notice.
- During your stay, you are responsible for the contents of the property and we will pass on the cost of any damages / breakages to you (beyond reasonable wear and tear).
- You agree to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition. Cleanliness is important to us and to our guests. In the aforementioned Information Pack you will find a note of the standard professional cleaning time required for your cottage. In the event that additional time and materials are required following your departure they will be invoiced to you at cost.
- You agree that the cottages let by the Owner are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- You shall not sub-let the cottage or any part thereof.
- Moor Grange Farm is a tranquil place, and we ask your help us in keeping it that way. You agree to prevent any member of your party from causing a nuisance or disturbance in or around the cottage. In the event of such a problem arising, we reserve the right to require you to vacate the property on demand without payment of compensation to you.
- Part of the charm of the countryside, with the beauty of our natural scenery and our distance from the bustle of the city, means that we have less security of supply of services that are taken for granted in cities. Thankfully problems such as power cuts or uncooperative septic tanks are few and far between at Moor Grange Farm. In the unlikely event of any such problems during your stay with us we will use our reasonable endeavours to procure their early resolution on receiving notice thereof. However, for the avoidance of doubt, you accept that as the extent of our liability.
- Please ensure that the house is left secure when you go out. In the unlikely event that anything of yours is stolen from the cottage (locked or unlocked) it will be your own responsibility.
- Equally, please ensure that your vehicles are securely locked and parked without obstruction.
- Your booking is accepted on the understanding that the cottage will be put at your disposal on the date agreed with us. Should this not be possible due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we cannot guarantee to provide an alternative holiday property. In this case the rental you have paid will be returned to you in full and you will have no further claim against us.
- The Owner has taken every care to ensure that the accuracy of property descriptions on their website and in their brochure and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct, but they do not form part of the contract between the Owner and the Customer.